All visitors intending to trek in any part of Nepal shall have to obtain a trekking permit from the Department of Immigration, at Bhrikuti Mandap, Kathmandu. Permits are issued for trekking in any part of the country except some restricted areas for the foreigners by the government regulation require a special permit to travel.

The Department of Immigration issues trekking permit for visitors who plan to trek to any part of the country.

Destinations declared as Normal Trekking Area does not require a permit to travel.

A trekking permit is a must to visit the restricted areas mentioned below.

Restricted Area Trekking Permit Fees are fixed as follows:

S.no. Area Fee are Per person
1 Dolpa and Kanchenjunga US$10 per week for the first four weeks and
US$20 per week thereafter.
2 Manaslu US$75 (Dec & Aug) per person per week and
US$90 (Sep to Nov) per person per week.
3 Simikot & Humla US$90 per person first week and thereafter
US$15 per day per person.
4 Mustang and Upper Dolpo US$700 per person for the first 10 days and
US$70 per person per day thereafter.

Note: The Government of Nepal require trekking to Dolpo, Kanchenjnga, Manaslu and Mustang can be undertaken through registered trekking agencies only.

We obtain your special permits to travel to the restricted areas or to any another part of Nepal upon confirmation of your trip with us.

The restricted areas of Nepal represent some of the last remaining indigenous cultures of the country. As the word “restricted” well explains to you that these areas were off limits to any foreign visit. Now, these areas are open for tourism. The tourism facilities along these areas are minimal to non-existent. Therefore, the only means of travel in these areas are by way of fully organized trek with camping equipment, food supplies, guides and porters. Indigenous cultures, pristine natural landscapes with occasional sightings of wildlife, scenic beauty, and absence of mass tourism are the characters in the restricted areas.

Please inquire for details, should you wish to travel in the above restricted areas of Nepal.